Special Application Grinders
CNC North, employing its extensive manufacturing engineering expertise in grinding processes and machine technologies, can review your part application for development of a specialty grinding machine. Much of the new machines development is derived from a specific customer’s application.
Recent Development Activity Include:
- Cannon Barrel Grinding machine utilizing both hydrostatic slides and work head.
- OD Grinding machine to process a steam valve for air craft carriers, the design enhanced productivity by a factor of 4.
- Thru Feed grinding machine, we have quoted single feed, dual feed with a robotic rotate of the part.
- Special Ceramic grinding machine allowing the process of multiple sides with one work holding.
Advantages of CNC North's Specialty Machine Development:
- Machine bases utilizing solid black granite providing improved machine damping over cast iron, which also allows for customized machine design (no patterns of casting required.)
- Utilization of our proven hydrostatic slide design. We have multiple slides pre-designed.
- Various wheel spindle options from trusted partners allowing us to select the optimum spindle (speed and power) for the application.
- Choice of either ball bearing and hydrostatic work spindle designs, based on the application.
- Choice of part holding options utilizing various magnetic holding technologies as well as standard or special chucking systems.
- Choice of various dresser solutions from trusted partners as well as our own designs.
- Utilization of trusted sheet metal partners which allows cost competitive new design manufacture per application.
- Choice of control options.
- Years of process knowledge based on grinding experts with 30 plus years in the precision grinding market.